On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 01:16:56AM -0500, Sreekumar Kodakara wrote:
> Do we need to compile the kernel to have two ethernet ports working in the
> machine or is there something else which one has to do to get two ethernet
> port working? I have a RH 6.2 machine. One ethernet port is present on the
> mother board and is working fine. I have to add one ethernet card to
> the system.

This is addressed in the Ethernet HOWTO.

I'd also suggest a more recent distro than RH 6.2, but it's your
life.  Just don't come crying when you get rooted.

--
trammell at el-swifto.com  9EC7 BC6D E688 A184 9F58  FD4C 2C12 CC14 8ABA 36F5
Twin Cities Linux Users Group (TCLUG)      Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota