Yup. No place for gray hats.

> they attack a system it is a criminal act, end of story. Find
> them, toss
> them in jail, and let buba have their ass.
>
> The problem IS the rootkit, it enables a crime to be
> committed. Rootkit
> has NO legitimate reason to exist, it exists to cause damage to a
> computer system.  Drug dealers do the same thing they enable criminal

Really sir.  I only have the nuclear bomb plans in the event that I should
find one and have to diffuse it.  I had no intentions...

I guess my view is the truly skilled cracker would have access to rootkits
or could build their own in the same way that gun control would only work
against law abiding citizens.  My problem is with the general availability
to teenage wannabees.  How do you get the knowledge to SA's without making
it public to the teenage wannabees - good question.