On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:15:40 -0500
Johnny Fulcrum <johnnyfulcrum at mn.rr.com> wrote:

> It's rebooted on me twice this morning - I did mess with my desktop
> backgrounds - one of them was a program called worldclock - after the
> first reboot - I got rid of that background and changed them all back to
> plain old two color blended backgrounds...

Reboot as in shutdown -r now, or as in a sudden coldstart?

If nothing has changed but the OS, it sounds like a driver isn't playing well with a piece of hardware. Any device on the PCI or ISA bus can more-or-less 'panic' and hit the reset line, which coldstarts the system.

Video drivers & network drivers are a good place to look, assuming the hardware is not damaged or misconfigured.

-L