On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 12:25:49PM -0500, Sam MacDonald wrote:
> Sometimes the latest and greatest just don't fit the hardware profile.
> My system is a P200mm, 64 mob RAM, 2.5 gig disk, ISA NC (Link 220 =
> one), ISA sound, and CPI video (old).
>
> New does not always mean better.

No, but in this case, Debian stable (woody) IS what you want.  It's not
simply new, but more efficient and quicker for your hardware.  With a
P200 and 64M of memory, you should be able to run X quite well.  The
kernel should have no problems with a P200, nor should it have issues
with your peripherals.

The only time you should not be running stable is when you have an
embedded device or something ancient, like a 386 with 2MB of ram.  Take
the aforementioned tip and install Debian 3.0rX, not 2.X.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/