On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 10:45:23PM +0000, auditodd at comcast.net wrote:
> Matthew,
> I think perhaps you should take a break and rethink how old you are.

Thank you, I almost forgot my birthday is coming up.

> First, calling me a "mindless troll" is totally infantile. You have
> your opinions and I have mine, just because you don't agree with my
> opinions doesn't make either one of us wrong, we just have different
> opinions.

You are certainly trolling and ignoring the facts. You stated 'facts',
your 'facts' were corrected, and you continued to troll that IPCop is bad,
IPCop is stolen, IPCop is FOO.

> I NEVER stated that Smoothwall didn't acknowledge the GPL, their beef
> with IPCop is that the developers at IPCop removed their authorship
> for certain parts of the code. If I had been one of those developers,
> I would have been irritated too.

Please read earlier in the thread, the credit is definitely there *now*,
it doesn't matter if it was or was not before, any issues have obviously
been corrected.

As for 'code', I believe Smoothwall/IPCop consists of mostly scripts
and HTML.

> Second, claiming that I have "logic errors" just because my logic
> doesn't match your logic is also very infantile.

The value in logic is that multiple people should come to the same conclusion
when thinking clearly with the same data.

Your logic:

Smoothwall is based on GPL products, and is good.
IPCop is based on GPL products, but is bad because it's based off Smoothwall
(a GPL product)

Please explain how this makes sense, and how any GPL can be 'stolen' when
re-released as GPL, with the proper credits.

> This is a forum to exchange and discuss ideas and Linux in general.
> Insulting people just because you don't agree with their point of view
> will only serve to alienate the others on the list.

[paraphrase] "DONT USE IPCOP, IT'S STOLEN AND THEY ARE BAD PEOPLE!" [/]

pfft, please.

> Grow up or shut up.

Very mature.