On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 20:49, Jay Kline wrote:
> One of the problems I have had with most console based mail clients is I
> have a lot of sub folders that things get sorted into, and I have yet to
> find a decent way of summarizing which folders have how many new
> messages, etc.  Ill take a look at your config tonight and see if that
> makes life any easier, but does anyone else work like this? Also, I
> generally use IMAP because keeping a consant connection open to the
> server isnt always possible (dumb sonicwall routers...)

I, personally, cannot live without a 3-pane view of folders, messages,
and the message I'm viewing.  I end up using Evolution for my mail,
which is kind of like using a sledgehammer to drive a nail.  Before
that, I used Sylpheed, but I cut my teeth on Netscape mail (2.x, 3.x,
4.x).  I got rid of that when Mozilla started to be a better browser,
but didn't yet have decent mail capabilities.

I'd like to use IMAP for mobility purposes, but I've never been able to
configure it properly (and I had trouble when having two systems
accessing an IMAP mailbox simultaneously, even if one client is just
sitting there -- but that was years ago, so maybe that was just a bug).

However, I can get acceptable remote accesss performance when using
appropriate X11 protocol caching/compression software (actually, `ssh
-C' is all I need these days), as long as I don't have to deal with a
lot of mail.

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   I used to get high on life
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__   but lately I've built up a