>The problem with OEM copies is they are part
> of the hardware distribution. You can not establish a distinct payment
> or ownership to them without the purchase of the hardware. These are
> critical to the copyrights and licenses of the item. At the point they
> leave the licensed hardware they are not legal. They are owned by the
> hardware owner as the purchaser.

I just had an interesting thought.  nanosystems has in the past sold oem
versions of xp to users provided they purchase a case screw to go with it.
 They've maintained that this does not violate MS's oem licensing.  So
that said, if the oem software is tied to the hardware, does that mean I
can transfer that software (not multiple copies.. just the one) to any
machine I want to, so long as I install that screw into the machine as
well?