I use the WinTV- 250 in my MythTV box in my living room. I freakin love
it! I plan on getting a few more of these cards since MythTV supports
multiple tuners for recording multiple shows at once. MythTV is very
feature rich already for only being at version 0.11

The onboard mpeg2 encoder chip takes ALOT of load off the main CPU. So
if you want multiple tuners this saves on CPU usage a TON. MythTV
supports networked slaves so you can watch live tv and recorded shows on
other computers in your house even if they dont have tv tuners at all.
So you want to keep the CPU usage as low as possible so it can serve
data to multiple clients, and record shows without heavy load.

Getting the WinTV card to work was a bit difficult, but was well worth
it. It comes with a remote control that I do have working with LIRC.

Like all my machines, this is a Debian box, there is a mythtv debian
source for apt. I then installed mythtv on a few of my debian
workstations around the house and can then watch from my computer
monitor when I am not in the living room.

I turned down the quality level a bit on the card, and it records about
1.2 Gig for an hour show. I am pretty happy around that level. When I
get an Array for storage, I will turn the quality level up.