My partner and I have been tossing around the idea of having a class on
"Using Linux for Small Businesses & Non-profits".  The focus will be for
the accidental techies that get sucked (imagine a black hole) into the job
in their respective organizations.

So far, I've been making a list of subjects to include.  Here's just a
small start:

Computer Basics (what is a CPU, memory, hard disk, I/O, video card, etc.)
Installing Linux (we have a lab with ~20 PCs, might as well give them some
behind the wheel).
Access Control (passwd, group, file system security)
GUI vs Command line (including a tutorial in Vi)

Available packages:
  OpenOffice
  Samba
  E-mail Serving
  Printer Configuration
  Networking (DHCP, Routing, Subnets, etc.)
  Apache, PHP, MySQL, Postgres, Perl, etc.
  Firewalling & Gateways (SNAT) & the Internet
  Backups

Hardware:
  Modems
  CD-RW

At this rate, It'll be a 4 year course.

Any suggestions?  Frequent subjects at InstallFests?  Text books?
Remember, some of these folks are pretty low end techies, so simpler is
probably better.

Maybe we can tie the class in with an installfest?