On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 02:04:49 -0500
"David Phillips" <david at acz.org> wrote:

>If you think you need a license to install software on computer hardware
>that you OWN, then you are seriously misinformed.  If you own the hardware,
>you can do whatever you want with it.  Leased hardware might be a different
>issue, depending on your contract.
>
> In fact, shrink-wrap or click-through licenses for software you
> purchase in a store are also invalid, but that's a different topic.

David, can you expand on this?  It's early in the morning, and my head's spinning so I'm not thinking straight.  The top makes sense, it's the second paragraph that's confusining me....d

Thanks.

--
Shawn

  The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"