See, I'm trying to know what I'm doing before I do it.  I like apt-get
but I want to know what it does before it does it, so to speak.  I don't
want to just slap everything on the machine and then find out where it
gets put.  Finding out after it's installed makes it difficult to
determine purpose and document.

Sam.

Simplicity is in the eye of the beholder, after the the technical guy
made it work.