First, there is a local organization, management assistance programs for
nonprofits (www.mapnp.org) that is working very hard at cornering the market
at providing IT assistance to nonprofit organizations. The operating system
of choice is Windows, but the software being promoted is (or was) a
proprietary suite of applications. They have already set up a full tech
support system, so you may want to at least investigate their set-up before
you spend more time on this idea.

Marc