> Slackware 9.1 released on September 26th.  Lots of new things, including
> a new package management system and Gnome 2.4.0 and KDE 3.1.4 and more.
>  =)
>

> http://www.slackware.com/announce/9.1.php
>
> Should be getting my cd's in the mail soon!

I have a subscription for the CD's, but I could not wait; I downloaded it.

Since then I have already upgraded my Slack 9.0 box to 9.1.  It took a couple hours one evening, during which I was also taking care of my two kids--sub-optimal working conditions :-)>  There were a couple points I needed to think about it, but it was not really hard.  I am pleased.

Afterwards I was a little surprised at myself; I am not usually the sort of person who installs software less than a week after release.  However, with Slackware I am comfortable making an exception.

Glenn McDavid
mailto:gmcdavid at comcast.net
http://www.winternet.com/~gmcdavid