It's interesting that you posted this - I think I remember reading in
O'Reilly's "Essential System Administration" that there are many people
who go through all of the system-included binaries once or twice a year
and if they don't know what a command does, read the manpage on it.

I thought it was kind of an interesting concept - and you really would be
surprised to see how many commands you've never even heard of.

Not you Scot, I'm talking in general :)

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Scot Jenkins wrote:

> cd /usr/bin
> ls
> pick one, and "man <program_name>"
>
> there's probably plenty there to keep one busy for at least weeks...

<snip>

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator
Sihope Communications