>>> Besides visi.com, anyone know of reputable colo space here in the
>>> Twin
>>> Cities or nearby area?  Looking for 1/2 rack with at least 512K
>>
>> Im satisfied with Onvoy. I have a full rack there (had a half rack for
>> a year, was able to get the other half rack below me for a full rack)
>
> If they where still mr.net, I'd say yeah, but Onvoy, no. Most of their
> best
> technical talent left (imho).

Interesting. Back when we picked our colo provider, it was either Onvoy
or Visi.  The pricing was about the same.  I work in Long Lake (just
west of wayzata) so the plymouth location of Onvoy was favorable, as
opposed to downtown st. paul (where visi is right?)

I went to check out their data center, it seemed pretty ok.  The only
other datacenter/colo places i had been in were Exodus/Cable and
Wireless in Boston (which was huge, held places like excite which was
very entertaining to gawk at all the hardware).  Onvoy is obviously
much smaller but seemed ok.

In the end, the decision was made pretty easy (for my boss at least)
when we looked at the financials of each company.  Onvoy had been
around a while (at least as the 13 other local telco's that they
existed as) and had money in the bank where as VISI had not been around
all that long and hard a lot of debt to their name.  Onvoy was clearly
the more stable company when looking at it financially.  I was pretty
sure i didnt want to have switch data centers if one went under.

duncan