On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 09:37:48AM -0600, Sam MacDonald wrote:
> OK now I think is see "MY" problem.
>
> I'm looking for something consistent when it comes to OS, with Linux having
> 100's of distributions finding that consistency (for ME) may be an issue. I
> need 1 place to go for solutions.

Yes, there are hundreds of distributions. There are also hundreds of BSD
implementations, as well as 3 different 'free' BSD's (FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD)

Despite all that, there's the most popular versions, and they are the ones
that are supported.

If you've ever worked tech support, you would also know that there's also
hundreds of windows distributions -- each PC maker wants to customize their
installation a little different, and it always causes a hassle.