As root type in "sndconfig", it should walk you through setting up the
sound card. If you type in sndconfig and nothing happens, then it wasn't
installed. Go to the Software Installation GUI and search for it and
install it, then run it.

Side note for those who don't know, the same "sndconfig" is available
with Mandrake Linux also, since Mandrake is based off RedHat.

Edward Fleming wrote:
> I put RedHat 9.2 on my computer, but it sound not see the sound card.
> Not I also have KNOPPIX which see the sound card fine. How can I get
> RedHat to see the sound card and use it?

Todd Young
7079 Dawn Ave. E.
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076