From a Terminal run "sndconfig" in RedHat.
If you can't find "sndconfig" you will need to install it from the "rpm".

You will need to know what sound card you have, and the settings it needs.
If you don't, you can try the driver you think will work (many drivers).
Try the "soundblaster" drivers, some times the card is compatable. You will
also have to figure out the settings for the card. because they will be
different then the exact driver for your card.

I have an ESS1879 on this laptop, after searching the web I found that the
ESS1868 is close to the ESS1879.  I can play CD's but wave files don't work
right.  I could play with the settings but all I want is CD music.  I'll fix
it when I really need it.

Sam.

I think I answered a question guys :-)