I think Rick's problem may be that he needs to add a route statement to
his network configs.

If I check "netstat -rn", one of my routing entries is as follows:
Destination   Gateway      Genmask   Flags MSS Window Iface
0.0.0.0	      192.168.0.1   0.0.0.0   UG    0    0     eth0

Obviously, this tells my Mandrake machine that for ALL IP addresses, it
needs to go to my firewall to get it's information. I'm willing to bet
that information is missing from his configs. I know how to add a route
statement to Windows, but I can't seem to remember how to do it in
Unix/Linux. Anyone out there want to pitch in?

--
Todd Young
7079 Dawn Ave. E.