I have a general question regarding linux and slow computers.  I have an
amd 500 mhz and 192 megs of ram minus 8 for video.  I'm running redhat 9.
I sometimes have problems running out of memory when doing regular stuff,
sometimes it even seems like it has a larger memory footprint than windows
98.  But here we have someone who was using linux on 64 megs of ram and
reccomending it on 32 megs.  X alone takes up about 20 megs of ram for me
and gnome probably another 20.  add web browser and email and we have about
40 more.  are you using X when you're using linux?  Am I doing something
wrong here?