    Munir> On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, PHPTOm wrote:
    >> I use KDE often for some tasks.  I have had issues with Konqueror crashing.
    >> And a couple other things.  Is Gnome a more stable program?  I like KDE, but
    >> I am willing to switch if I get less crashes.

    Munir> if it is just konqueror crashing then you may want to look
    Munir> at a different web browser

    Munir> Mozilla, Opera, Galeon, Netscape, links, lynx, elinks, w3m

    Munir> Personally i've found KDE more stable and feature rich but
    Munir> there are always the masochistic among us who prefer Gnome.

    Munir> What version of KDE are you running? it could be that you
    Munir> are just using an older version.

I'd second this recommendation.  I am very happily using KDE + Mozilla
1.5.  I've only very rarely had Konqueror crash on me, though, and I'm
pretty sure most of the time was going in and out of embedded pdf
files...

I'm shocked to hear that you've had a bunch of crashes.

YMMV; I find gnome just too ugly to deal with, and I also find that
gnome apps are less unified (i.e., more prone to odd menu layouts and
key assignments).  But it's free software, and you can find at least
some of that with both.

Oddly, I find that when I need to lash something together, I'm more
likely to want to use Gtk, because there's better scripting support.
Where's my perl-qt???! :-/