On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Matthew C. Dettinger wrote:

> This is interesting. I am going to build a mythTV box in the next month or
> so, and would appreciate any feedback people have.
>
> My biggest concern is sound. I would prefer to never hear the system, but
> understand that there will be some hard drive use, and a power supply fan.
>
> Can anyone recommend a small case setup using a AMD1200, with minimal
> noise.

try one of these cases:
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=11-130-113-07.jpg/11-130-113-06.jpg/11-130-113-05.jpg/11-130-113-04.jpg/11-130-113-03.jpg/11-130-113-02.jpg/11-130-113-01.jpg
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=11-129-142-01.JPG/11-129-142-02.JPG/11-129-142-05.JPG/11-129-142-04.JPG/11-129-142-03.JPG/11-129-142-06.JPG/11-129-142-07.JPG
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=11-126-123-01.JPG/11-126-123-02.JPG/11-126-123-03.JPG/11-126-123-04.JPG/11-126-123-06.JPG/11-126-123-05.JPG
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=11-163-006-01.JPG/11-163-006-02.JPG/11-163-006-03.JPG/11-163-006-04.JPG/11-163-006-06.JPG/11-163-006-05.JPG
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=11-126-115-08.JPG/11-126-115-07.JPG/11-126-115-04.JPG/11-126-115-05.JPG/11-126-115-06.JPG

black, small, desktop ATX cases that will fit nicely under a TV

for a processor i would go with one of these
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=19-104-159-01.JPG
a 1.6GHz AMD Duron, underclock it to around 1.2GHZ and you should be able
to get by with a nice quite slow fan.
something like this maybe:
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=35-150-010-05.JPG/35-150-010-06.JPG/35-150-010-07.JPG

for a harddrive the 160GB 7200RPM Samsung is said to be rather quiet
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=22-152-011-01.jpg

no i do not work at newegg... it just happened to be the first site that i
went to.
yes, it is feels good to say "i want this this and this"
yes, it sucks that i am not getting any of it

--
Munir Nassar
RedConcepts.NET