Linux/CUPS and Windoze handle printing in quite different ways so it may
not be the driver. I think Linux/CUPS convert most jobs to PostScript
and then to the printer's native language. That takes time and
processing power but it may also take more memory. Maybe the printer's
memory is being filled, then those pages are printed, then the printer
seems to wait/stop/bog while it's memory gets filled up again with the