I thought I'd let this die, but I ran across these two links this
morning that were so on the off-topic that I couldn't resist.

The first is a report by the Fisher Center at Berkeley that takes a
detailed look at the next wave of outsourcing. If nothing else it
provides a lot of background reference for things like wages, number of
jobs, etc. I was shocked to see that Canadian programmers only make an
average of $28K US. Anyway its an interesting read.

There is also an interview with one of the authors on Salon.com that is
a little less dire.

--rick

http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/news/Research_Report_Fall_2003.pdf
http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2003/11/05/outsourcing_report/index_np.html