Tom Veldhouse asked;

> However, what happens if the original email was munged by SpamAssassin
> already (rewrite subject, and envelope the original spam)?  Is sa-learn
> smart enough to ignore its own handy work, or do I have to pass it the
> enveloped version?

According to the docs on the website, "If the messages you are learning from
have already been filtered through SpamAssassin, the learner will compensate
for this.  In effect, it learns what each message would look like if you had
run spamassassin -d over it in advance."

I can't attribute the following example correctly, (may have been on
slashdot), but it has worked great for me..

"One important note- when you get a falsely classified message, it's REALLY
important to tell Spamassasin's bayesnian filter about it.  It's as easy as
cut+paste if you do:

    sa-learn --spam/--ham --single, hit enter, paste the message, hit
control D.

Done!"

Steve