On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 13:30:19 -0600
Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome at real-time.com> wrote:

> Does this conflict with the way some people think the world should
> work? yes. However, the beauty of Free software is that you can choose
> to go your own way. :)

Unfortunately, this will be kind of the undoing of Linux.  With all the varous distros out there, it's going to be difficult to get a "standardization" of Linux.  Plain and simple.

The big UNIX's have their differences as well, but are far more standardized on things than Linux will be for a long time.

Personal opinions, based upon my experiences of course....

--
Shawn

 "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear -- not absence of
fear."
	-Mark Twain

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"