Well, they're not fully out of the picture with RH.
http://www.redhat.com/software/rhel/comparison/
Look at the machines that the main Enterprise AS is set up for - Supports
IBM z, i, p and S/390 series systems Yes No No - the last 2 no's are for the
Enterprise ES and the WS (WorkStation) versions. They do mention HP and
others for compatibility, but... Maybe they won't buy based on Blue's going
to mainly support, but as they say, "when the elephant turns..."
I've been using RH since 5.0 in '97 and I like it sometimes. As a unix SA
since 93 with HPUX, AIX, Xenix, and Sun, I found it a good practice area for
certain things. I've only used Linux in the WS or home/desktop/laptop
environs. I don't really need server type accouterments so it becomes as
expensive as the M$.
I hope this isn't what we have to look forward to as Linux grows and takes
on big time trappings.
_________________________________
>From RedHat web site -- on support --
Key certification platform
Red Hat actively works to certify leading industry ISVs and OEMs for
comprehensive application and hardware support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
products. Here are just some of the vendors supporting Red Hat Enterprise
Linux:

Alias | Wavefront
BEA
BMC Software