On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 08:36:17AM -0600, Tim Sinks wrote:
> everything. That makes it easy to sell with just 3 types, but Big Blue must
> have swung thier weight around in this decision. The rumor a while back was
> that Big Blue was going to absorb RH.

That may have been the rumor, but there was little chance of it being
true.  The other "rumors" were that IBM was propping SuSE up so it
wouldn't go bankrupt.  I think the majority of big IBM wins were using
SuSE and not Redhat.

It gets more interesting now that Novell is in the process of buying
SuSE.  Novell still has a lot of money and it doesn't appear that they
are bleeding cash.  Will IBM continue paying for SuSE's development
costs?  Can Novell make SuSE profitable in their own right?

Nate