On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 03:03:52PM -0600, Gerald Skerbitz wrote:
> And the installer (RH in my case) DOES install grub, but when your
> installation doesn't come up the first time and needs some option on the
> kernel line (how do you _add_ vga=ask in grub and then boot?), the ability
> to do that should be either obvious when you're doing it, or documented
> otherwise.
> With grub (whose interface I now can manipulate -- albeit painfully) it's
> neither.

Read the screen, press 'e', select the line to edit (the first one usually)
type 'vga=ask', press enter, press 'b' to boot.

[snip]

As opposed to LI 010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101 ...

Yes, grub can be finicky about syntax in the installer. Luckily the most
I ever have to do is grub-install /dev/XXX

Once you get past the hardest part (the install, which should be done by
your OS/distribution installer) it's a pleasure to deal with.