On 11/04 03:03 , Gerald Skerbitz wrote:
> And the installer (RH in my case) DOES install grub, but when your
> installation doesn't come up the first time and needs some option on the
> kernel line (how do you _add_ vga=ask in grub and then boot?), the ability
> to do that should be either obvious when you're doing it, or documented
> otherwise.
> With grub (whose interface I now can manipulate -- albeit painfully) it's
> neither.
>
> Try this (pay attention to the space before hitting <tab>):
> grub> root (hd0, <tab>

didn't grub come up with the menu that lets you select different kernels?
at that menu, it should say something like 'e to edit the commands before
booting' among other text in a paragraph at the bottom; which
a little experimentation should show, gives you access to the kernel's boot
command line; along with some more suggested commands (b to boot, e to edit
the selected line, etc).

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator