On 11/04 02:59 , Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
> If foo needs bar, it needs it. Case closed. I see no reason why .deb
> should be better than .rpm at saying 'i need BAR'

you're right. I don't think there's an insuperable difference between rpm &
deb, when it comes to inherent ability to state what their dependencies are.

The point of most of my arguments, has simply been that in the past, rpms
have not been constructed as carefully as debs. For this reason, apt on
debian has been superior to apt4rpm.

this is not an inherent condition; and it may very well change. I don't
have a great deal of faith in the Fedora people to do it quickly; but it
probably won't be in an insufferable state.

Carl.
--
Systems Administrator
Real-Time Enterprises