IBM had a GRUB beginners tutorial, and I grabbed the PDF version of it.

You can find it on IBM's web site or here:
http://auditodd.home.comcast.net/Opensource/linux-grub-bootloader.pdf

To be honest, I haven't gone through it yet, but I have read through it
and it seems to be pretty good. GRUB with SuSE8.2 works great.

Todd Young
7079 Dawn Ave. E.
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076