> I prefer Debian for any system that I am going to be maintaining over
> time because the quality of the packaging has beat every other distro I
> have used by a large margin.

Please clearly define 'quality of packaging' were they the high grade
nuclear electrons, as opposed to the coal produced electrons?

> Yeah, they have had problems with installation, but you don't need to
> install as often. I've had to do full reinstalls to upgrade most every
> other distro (including SuSE 7.2-8.1, I was shocked by that one).

Pardon? At worst, I've had to pop in a CD and go through upgrade mode,
it's definitely not a reinstall.

> apt4rpm comes close, but the consistency of rpm package dependencies
> doesn't seem to be where the deb package dependencies are, and proper
> dependency management is THE make-or-break proposition for a packaging
> system.

*Please* will someone explain this dependencies issue? People like to
spout 'dependancy hell', 'dependency consistency' etc. without ever
providing any meat. It's like a marketing buzzword.