David Phillips wrote:
> Kent Schumacher writes:
>
>>Note that apt is not a sufficient answer - apt4rpm seems to have
>>addressed that issue pretty well.
>

> Debian is not about apt-get.  Debian was around for years before apt-get
> existed.  Debian is about free software, distributed as high quality
> packages that meet strict guidelines.  Having an easy way to automatically
> install software is merely a feature that the packaging system allows.

It seems to me that the central statement 'Debian is about free software,
distributed as high quality packages that meet strict guidelines' is also
true of RedHat.

As someone who is also trying to steer a course through an unknown future,
I'm honestly interested in why you are recommending Debian, so much so that
you stated 'You will wish you had switched years ago'.  What is the big
attraction that Debian has?

Note that I am picking on you specifically David, because not only are you
strongly opinionated, you are also pretty damn good at providing logical
reasons (and sometimes even references) for your opinions.

Thanks,
Kent