On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 11:19:28PM -0500, David Blevins wrote:

> This is a pretty interesting subject.  Some time ago, someone posted a few zsh commands that were pretty powerful.  File globbing is built right into the shell.  If you have zsh installed, type these commands for fun:
>
> zsh # startup the shell
>
> ls **/**.html
>
> grep "foobar" **/**.html
>

> I'm sure someone else more knowledgeable in zsh can boast about it's capabilities, but I know I'm impressed.  If that feature was in bash, I'd use it practically everyday.

What are the intended results? Bash has done that for as long as I can remember

# ls **/**.html
arptalk/index.html
bt/Greetings_From_Planejumper.html
html/brokenxp.html
html/electricity.html
html/index.html
html/moos.html
mail/test.html
Mail/test.html

You can tell the shell does it by ..

# echo **/**.html
arptalk/index.html bt/Greetings_From_Planejumper.html html/brokenxp.html html/electricity.html html/index.html html/moos.html mail/test.html Mail/test.html

This is why hitting * and pressing enter is a bad thing =)

# *
-bash: tmp: command not found