On Tue, 27 May 2003 02:29:50 -0500
"Matthew S. Hallacy" <poptix at techmonkeys.org> wrote:

> 3) I got my girlfriend a Uniden for use at the UMN dorms, it really,
> really sucked.

  We bought a Uniden a few years back, and it worked nearly flawlessly until it got dropped off our porch onto the driveway.  Sound quality was excellent, better than the POS AT&T unit we have now and many others.
  I spent well over $250 on the phone system (included a digital answerer) then, after a month of so of searching and checking reviews.  Not all Unidens are "sucky" or crap.  I found that it's a "get what you pay for" market in cordless phones.  Anything under $125 and you're just throwing money away.

--
Shawn

The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
-M. Twain