On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 11:58:04PM -0500, Austad, Jay wrote:

> I was thinking of either the Panasonic expandable, which is 2.4ghz, but I
> want to make sure it's not going to interfere with my wireless network.  I
> have a Panasonic one now, but it's only 2.4ghz one way and 900 the other.
> It doesn't interfere too much.  Or I was thinking about the Uniden 5.8ghz
> system.  I read mixed reviews on both of them though.  My primary concerns
> are sound quality and battery life.  My roomie has a Uniden phone, just a
> 900mhz, and the sound quality is crap.  But it's also a cheap phone.

A few notes:

1) My GE 2.4Ghz phone does absolutely no harm to my wireless,

2) consumers have no business using cordless phones in the 5.2/5.8ghz
bands, it's a marketing ploy to sell the latest and greatest. Don't be
fooled by it. You'll get shorter range with no benefits from the extra
bandwidth (hello.. it's voice, not streaming video).

3) I got my girlfriend a Uniden for use at the UMN dorms, it really, really
sucked.