On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 06:57:17AM -0500, Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
> On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 11:56:31PM -0500, Scot Jenkins wrote:
> > I don't want to start a distro war, but how about representing other
> > distros besides RedHat?  I think one of the great things about linux and
> > open source is that you're not locked into one vendor's distro.  I think
> > it's important to get that message out so people don't get the idea that
> > RedHat = Linux.  There are always alternatives...
>
> Are you going to support them when they try slackware or debian? Neither
> are usable for the type of people picking up linux CD's at an expo.

I doubt it, but then I also doubt that Scot intends to support them
when they try Red Hat, so what difference does that make?

Looks to me like Scot's point was "we should offer other distros in
addition to RH", not "we need to give people Debian and Slackware".
There are more non-RH distros than just those two, after all.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that