Dave Sherman writes:
 > rpgoldman at real-time.com wrote:
 > > Occasionally I go on a trip.  I take a laptop.  What I'd like to do is
 > > somehow synchronize my Mozilla profile on the laptop with the one on
 > > the desktop, so that I have all my emails, accounts, etc.  Does anyone
 > > know how to this?  The profile manager is able to create or delete
 > > profiles, but not copy them (as far as I can tell).
 >
 > Your profile is stored in ~/.mozilla/default/<random>.slt/
 > Just copy all files in that random-named directory into the equivalent
 > randomly-named directory on the other machine, and you will be good to go.

Thanks, Dave.  I think I should have been more specific.  What I'd
like to do is just get the email (and, possibly the bookmarks) over
onto the portable.  But if I move the entire profile, then I'm going
to be moving things like pathname references, that may not be stable
across platforms.  E.g., on the desktop I have crossover office and
can open MS office docs, on the laptop I have only StarOffice, etc.

How do I get just the email stuff synched?

Cheers,