Hello LUG'ers

A friend of mine was asking me about playing DVDs with xine.  Since I've
never owned a DVD drive, I wasn't much help.  I plan on purchasing a DVD
drive some time in the future, so I thought this was a good place to discuss
some issues.

My friend says that there are licensing issues with some encrypted DVDs and
the de-cryptor has is a proprietary software.

Has anyone ever had a problem playing a DVD due to a lack of an encryption
algorithm?

Are all the necessary parts built into xine?
If not, what else is needed?

Thanks for your input.

Mark Courtney
http://www.MarkCourtney.com