when last we saw our hero (Wednesday, May 07, 2003),
 Nate Carlson was madly tapping out:
> On Wed, 7 May 2003, Brian wrote:
> > Thanks for the confirmation Nate.  As I suspected, said units are
> > quite spendy and it's only needed for a short time.  If anyone has
> > 2 of them I can beg/borrow/steal, I owe you many, many beers.
>
> Grab a pair of crappy Linux boxes, buy a pair of crappy fiber nics
> (or ethernet cards plus 10mb transceivers, which I'm sure many
> people would be happy to give you), and make your own routing
> transceivers?  :)
>
> (From what I read, you may be able to bridge ethernet <-> tr with
> Linux, but not real cleanly..)

if you're willing to go through that much work - i would highly
recommend routing the traffic over that connection.  bridging
token-ring and ethernet is a masochistic endeavor under the best of
circumstances with gear that does it intelligently.  last i saw a year
or 2 ago, the linux TR bridging code was not fully baked.   i'm making
the gross assumption that you're dealing with IP traffic.

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC