I have a Tyan MB which has an integrated raid controller. I am trying to
install redhat 8.0 on it. I have set it up as a mirror, but the install
chokes during disk setup saying it can't read /dev (I think that is right).
I have since broke the mirror, and tried to do a software raid (might have
done it wrong), and got an error saying it could not read the second drive.
anyone have any experience with this, so I can move ahead with the install?
I really want to use the hardware raid rather then the software raid, since
my machine stops and asks for user input when it senses a raid set has not
been established.

it would be great if I could correspond via email in realtime, since I am
working on this now.

--
Raymond Norton
Little Crow Telemedia Network