> You may wish to start MySQL automatically at boottime, copy
> /usr/local/mysql/share/mysql/mysql.server to /etc/init.d/ for SuSE, for Redhat it is /etc/rc.d/init.d instead of /etc/init.d/. Further you need to add symbolic links to /etc/init.d/rc3.d for SuSE and /etc/rc.d/rc3.d for Redhat.

on my slack 8.1 box I just copied the mysql.server script to the /etc/rc.d directory made it executable (duh) and then manually added a little snippet to my rc.M (multiuser runlevel script) to run mysql.server.

Yeah, it is a pain in the ass, but I have used slackware for my server for so long I am afraid to change.

LBÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÓµ1¨¥ŠxŠËÿ2)çyªh–+?JßÏjéÿ2)çzÊ-jm§ÿÿÃÿšåŠ{±þŠàµÉnƒùb²ßæŸùbžìÿ¢¸!¶Úlÿÿæj)fjëy©ÿ¶)žýÊ&þf¢–f§þX¬¶)ߣû\–èÿ–+-