There's an rc.sysvinit in /etc/rc.d on Slackware, specifically to run
scripts written for system V.  It might work for what you need.  Here's
the comment at the head of it:

# rc.sysvinit   This file provides basic compatibility with SystemV style
#               startup scripts.  The SystemV style init system places
#               start/stop scripts for each runlevel into directories
such as
#               /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/ (for runlevel 3) instead of starting them
#               from /etc/rc.d/rc.M.  This makes for a lot more init
scripts,
#               and a more complicated execution path to follow through if
#               something goes wrong.  For this reason, Slackware has always
#               used the traditional BSD style init script layout.
#
#               However, many binary packages exist that install SystemV
#               init scripts.  With rc.sysvinit in place, most well-written
#               startup scripts will work.  This is primarily intended to
#               support commercial software, though, and probably shouldn't
#               be considered bug free.
#

--
Michael Vieths