Seems to me that there was a little distro called "finnix" that booted
from cd & was a redhat - based distro. one of the google links says it's
unsuported now, but there might be some good starting points if you are
gonna try to pare down a redhat to fit in 700MB.

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Justin Haaheim wrote:

> Hello all
> I'm interested in creating my own Knoppix-like, minimalistic and
> initially very simple Live (to be run from a cd) linux distro.  My idea
> was to use Debian as the base system.  I'm more familiar with RedHat,
> but I'd imagine that there's some copyright infringement problems if I
> modify redhat and call it my own.
>
> Does anyone have any guidance or any resources you would like to provide
> me?  Any pointers, websites, documentation, etc. would be useful.  I'm
> specifically wondering, now, how I would configure the distro to run its
> rw memory from ram.
>
> thanks
> Justin

-- LINUX, because rebooting is for adding hardware!
www.linuxsnob.com <-- a little linux humor, and a very little support.