On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 03:36:34PM -0600, Raymond Norton wrote:
> > When this happens I go to rpmseek.com or even simpler check out
> > red-carpet from ximian.com.
> >
> Thanks. I might be wrong, but I don't see any  php-4.2.x rpms on the redhat
> site for 7.1. They do have them for 7.3-8.0. I might just try to upgrade to
> 8.0. Never done this before. Will there be any issues if I have un-
> installed rpms, and re-installed with src files for sendmail, and apache?

I suggest you upgrade your 7.1 system to 7.3. It is very stable and Red Hat's
upgrade process will work smoothly from 7.1 to 7.3. I am running 8.0, but I
installed from scratch.

As for your upgrades from source - Red Hat won't know about them, so you are
best off saving them to a backup, then reinstalling if necessary. By that I
mean, maybe you simply need to use the Red Hat sendmail and apache, with your
config file changes.

Jim Kaufman		mailto:jmk at linuxforbusiness.net
Linux Evangelist	cell: 612-481-9778
public key 0x6D802619	fax:  952-937-9832
http://www.linuxforbusiness.net
---
If we don't follow our leaders blindly then we may never be free.
		-- Frank Burns (MASH)