Mankato, MN 56001
507-344-8314 Office
507-344-8316 Fax
trieff at greencaremankato.com

-----Original Message-----
From: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of Jack Ungerleider
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 9:58 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] New to Linux, with questions

For regulars of this list the following distribution suggestion will
come as
no suprise: SuSE, but if the timing works for you I'd wait about a
month.
SuSE 8.2 is due out April 12th. According to a recent interview on
Newsforge
with SuSE US honcho Holger Dyroff they've done a lot of work in the new
version on making it more usefull and attractive to the home user.
Including
better support for "non-standard" hardware.

As far as getting a system is concerned I bought a Case/MB/RAM combo
from Tran
last fall as an upgrade and I'm very happy with it. You can find info at

www.tranmicro.com.

Jack

--
Jack Ungerleider