On Thursday 26 June 2003 12:23 am, David Blevins wrote:
>  <-- 220 corb.mc.mpls.visi.com ESMTP Postfix (2.0.9)
>  --> ehlo authsmtp.visi.com
>  <-- 250-corb.mc.mpls.visi.com
>      250-PIPELINING
>      250-SIZE 32768000
>      250-VRFY
>      250-ETRN
>      250-STARTTLS
>      250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
>      250 8BITMIME
>
> Tried help, but it just said command not implemented. Googled for the
> 'ehlo' command.
>
> I installed an older version of postfix, 1.1.7, on my machine and got that
> working, but not using visi as a relay.  Visi's has two options mine
> doesn't, STARTTLS and AUTH LOGIN PLAIN.  I am assuming this means it's
> capable of authenticating over TLS.  I grabbed the source for postfix
> 2.0.12, but didn't get far in rebuilding.

They supporrt TLS (SSL) and AUTH via login (ick!) and plain (double ick!) :-)

Just make sure you have a SSL encrypted channel before using login or plain
since it will send your username/password across the wire in clear text.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at mn-linux.org>          | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500