> Yeesh. An RFC for that? Aren't there enough holy wars going around???

Yeah, there is, and I'm about to start one.  :)

I have like 40 different naming schemes on network devices, it seems that
some people have just chosen random names for some of them, and it's
annoying.  I want to come up with something that's not too cryptic, and
gives a good description of it's function and possibly location.

Just wondering if anyone has seen a nifty scheme that really stood out, or
if I should just whack up my own.

Jay