Austad, Jay writes:
> There have been some security holes with it.  I'm subscribed to
> bugtraq, so I see most of them come across.  Most of the other good
> bb systems out there have had just as many holes.

Oh, it's ok then, because everything has security holes.  Gee.

It's not difficult to write a nice message board that doesn't have security
holes, especially in a language like PHP.  I wrote a good one about three
years ago (clone of Allaire Forums).  Perhaps I should tidy it up and
release it as open source.

If you have security holes in your PHP application, then you're doing
something seriously wrong, and should learn about basic security before
attempting writing web applications.

--
David Phillips <david at acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/